Oklahoma City @ Chicago
Current Records: Oklahoma City 19-23; Chicago 19-23
What to Know
This Friday, the Oklahoma City Thunder are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 116.52 points per matchup. They might have tired legs after a contest yesterday as they head on the road against the Chicago Bulls at 8 p.m. ET Jan. 13 at United Center. OKC should still be riding high after a win, while Chicago will be looking to regain their footing.
The Thunder didn’t have too much trouble with the Philadelphia 76ers on the road on Thursday as they won 133-114. Oklahoma City’s shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander was on fire, picking up 37 points and six assists along with eight rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Bulls were close but no cigar on Wednesday as they fell 100-97 to the Washington Wizards. Chicago was up 59-46 at the end of the half but couldn’t hold on to the lead. Shooting guard Alex Caruso wasn’t much of a difference maker for Chicago; Caruso played for 27 minutes but put up just six points on 3-for-11 shooting.
Oklahoma City is expected to lose this next one by 4.5. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The Thunder came out on top in a nail-biter against the Bulls in the teams’ previous meeting last November, sneaking past 123-119. Will OKC repeat their success, or does Chicago have a better game plan this time around? We’ll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: United Center — Chicago, Illinois
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $79.00
The Bulls are a 4.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bulls as a 5-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won eight out of their last 15 games against Chicago.
- Nov 25, 2022 – Oklahoma City 123 vs. Chicago 119
- Feb 12, 2022 – Chicago 106 vs. Oklahoma City 101
- Jan 24, 2022 – Chicago 111 vs. Oklahoma City 110
- Mar 16, 2021 – Chicago 123 vs. Oklahoma City 102
- Jan 15, 2021 – Oklahoma City 127 vs. Chicago 125
- Feb 25, 2020 – Oklahoma City 124 vs. Chicago 122
- Dec 16, 2019 – Oklahoma City 109 vs. Chicago 106
- Dec 17, 2018 – Oklahoma City 121 vs. Chicago 96
- Dec 07, 2018 – Chicago 114 vs. Oklahoma City 112
- Nov 15, 2017 – Oklahoma City 92 vs. Chicago 79
- Oct 28, 2017 – Oklahoma City 101 vs. Chicago 69
- Feb 01, 2017 – Chicago 128 vs. Oklahoma City 100
- Jan 09, 2017 – Oklahoma City 109 vs. Chicago 94
- Dec 25, 2015 – Chicago 105 vs. Oklahoma City 96
- Nov 05, 2015 – Chicago 104 vs. Oklahoma City 98